With cloud service platforms like Parallels Automation, cloud service providers have a wide array of options for their products catalogs. With hundreds of services to choose from, it is hard to know where to start.
Here are 5 quick tips to help you maximize revenue by creating a portfolio designed for easy upselling and bundling:
- Focus. Pick one service category and create a suite of services to serve the market need. Service categories include IaaS, communication and collaboration, web presence and business applications.
- Select 5-9 services per service category. According to Parallels SMB Cloud Insights™, SMBs expect to buy an average of 9 services by 2017. How do you get to 9 services? Keep reading.
- Pick one anchor service for each service category. An anchor service is the one service all customers need. Email is a good example of an anchor service.
- Select 2-4 value-add services. Value-add services can be sold on their own but when bundled and/or integrated with an anchor service, the service provider creates a differentiated service. Instant messaging and chat are good examples of a value-add service that can be bundled with email.
- Add 2-4 tools and/or utilities options. These services enhance an anchor service and can be positioned as optional add-ons. Email migration utility, antivirus and anti-spam are typical tools and utilities for email services.
This is the first in a series of blogs by Parallels Business Consulting that will explore solutions to common cloud go-to-market challenges. If you have questions that we can address through this blog, chime in with a comment below, or send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.